Monday, November 21, 2011

Day 8: Motivation

Well I realize I completely forgot about this blog. Okay that's a lie. I remembered it every day, then forgot about it a few hours before i'd write something.... 6 days in a row. Anywaaays.

There hasn't been to much going on in the past week. I quit smoking one week ago sunday, and whilst it doesn't seem like long, to me it seems like forever. And truth be told, I am handling it a bit better than I thought I would. There have been a few times where I am just finding myself with nothing to do. I end up sitting in one spot for hours trying to get my mind off smoking, or I can't fall asleep. More often than not, I will just go stand in my kitchen at night with the light off and just kind of stare at the oven clock. Most likely because this is where I smoked most of the time.

I seem to be ever so slightly falling into some other habits, trying to replace smoking. Most noticeable, I seem to be eating a bit more. I usually stop myself, but sometimes I just need to eat, which is a shame because i'v been on a diet for months and months now, and i'm more or less worried about losing all that progress. I also noticed on the bus today I half like, half a thumb nail that i'v been biting without realizing it.

But when it comes down to it, I have been lucky to find motivation in the fact not smoking is saving a lot of money. Money for other things. And a few other things seem to be improving as well. I notice my teeth are losing the tint of nicotine that has plagued them all these years, and I am starting to cough alot less now, which is pretty nice to say the least.

I'v also been listening to some violin music [ YouTube goes Hurr ] which, to be honest, was the last thing I thought would help with at times. However, it's definitely been helping some.

Other than that, nothing much else going on. I am finding it easier to quit than expected. However there are definitely some times when I just want to grab a smoke and inhale it like nobodies business, but I won't. Why? Because Money. It's all about the money.

No comments:

Post a Comment